Monday, January 24, 2011

"Yes, I'm going to marry a carrot."

That quote is from an episode of The Simpson's when Lisa becomes a vegetarian. Yes, it's true - I am a vegetarian, once again. I watched "Earthlings" and it opened my eyes (even though I already "knew") to what is going on in the "food" industry. Quite alarming, sad, wrong, and unhealthy, to say the least. God gave us reign over animals, but I don't think He'd want his creatures treated the way they are today. It's not too difficult for me to give up meat, because I didn't eat that much in the first place. Secondly, I feel good in my heart about it.
So, onward to new adventures in eating. I am very excited about it. I feel healthier and better about my recent choices. It's tough seeing eye to eye with people (mainly David), but he wants to at least start buying meat from local farms where the animals are treated better, so that's a start. :) The challenge for me will be making sure I am getting enough nutrients and fruits/veggies. Which, has always been a challenge anyway.
Who's gonna meat me where I'm at? :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Dotty! You and me at the lake, drinking Bud Light Lime and eatin' Tofu Jerky!! We'll have just as much fun as those meat eaters....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one, Skippy! It won't be that hard to get all your nutrients in... just remember to eat lots of variety and pick out the most colorful veggies. Your body will be so happy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete